Friday, March 26, 2010

What will last

I have three things going on in life right now. I am trying to start a very alternative way of doing church in the basement of a bar; I just finished up tiling a bathroom floor - it is beautiful; and I am finally writing again after 6 months of distractions.

And as I reflect on those three significant things, I wonder which will make the most impact in life. The floor will be appreciated by people for years. Will that be the mark I leave behind? And I don't know if it is even possible to create something genuinely alternative for getting to know God. But if it is, and I do it well, will it last? Will it make an impact? And all the writing I have done - what good has it done, is it doing, or will it do in the years to come?

I am haunted by my own insignificance, and yet driven to make a mark - somehow, somewhere, some way. More than anything else, I want to make that mark on the people of God. More than anything else I want that mark to be in the shape of Jesus.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I find myself sriving so hard to leave "my mark" that I turn it into an I thing instead of letting Christ use me to leave a mark that becons others to him..

Good stuff! Keep it up!