Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snowed in - in more ways than one

As I write we are in the middle of the bizzard of '08. The wind has been whipping all day and the snow has been continuous since sunrise. I went outside for awhile and it wasn't that bad. I spent 3 hours rolling around on the dirt of the barn floor as I put a hitch on my truck. I thought to myself how the blizzard of '08 wasn't that bad until I had to walk to the other barn to get tools and I was hit with 30 mile per hour winds and horizontal snow. Then I realized I wasn't going to last very long.

By the time I got in to the house I was frozen in several places. After I warmed up I regained my confidence as I was able to make fun of the storm from inside the big picture window with horizontal snow flying past it. Truth be know, it's times like this that I begin to get in touch with how vulnerable and helpless we humans are. Our old farm house has gas heat, electric stove, and absolutley no way to stay warm when the power goes off. It only takes a few degrees to realize how powerless we are. It is a humbling experience.

A lot of life has been like the blizzard of '08 for me. The great adventure of following my unpredictable Daddy has been taking me through some pretty rough snow drifts. I find that I don't see very well in the blinding, horizontal snow of this season. I don't like the lost and vulnerable sense I get during this time. I want so desperately for God to make some sense, but he doesn't. And I am faced with my carnality hanging out all over the place. I don't like having to walk in faith. I want answers, clear vision, and perfect 70 degree days. I also want everything to go right in life, I want my hair back, and a vehicle to drive that has less than 200,000 miles. And I'd like fries with that too....

No comments: