Thursday, November 6, 2008

Voting for McBama

This will be my first and last post ever talking about politics. I absolutely hate the whole system, but this year it invaded my home too many times. For the last 3 weeks we got at least one call a night from the McCain campaign telling us how bad Obama was. Every call slanderous and negative, not telling me much about McCain, but just ripping on Obama.

I think this past summer I was intending to vote for McCain. And if it wouldn't have been for the calls, I probably still would have. But after so many harassing calls and fliers in the mail, I would have voted for Bill Clinton (heaven forbid) rather than anyone who uses tactics like McCain did. It made me sick.

If any candidate builds a campaign on slander, gossip, and bashing someone else, they will steer my vote to anybody else. What was worse in all this is that there was a toll free number to call at the end of the messages. I called two different ones to have my number removed. When they continued calling I left messages inviting them to talk to me about why they had lost my vote, but obviously no one called.

What happened to the simple concept of integrity? You bad mouth others and it will ALWAYS come back on you. McCain dug his own grave. I voted for Snoopy.

1 comment:

Salsa Maker said...

Snoopy traditionally does well in down economic times!