Saturday, February 7, 2009

Facing Goliath

It strikes me that life continually brings us face to face with giants. It can be going along smoothly and then suddenly something happens and you are forced to deal with something that looms in front of you, larger than life. I got confronted by one of those yesterday.

I don't know why I am surprised when the Goliaths some along. It shouldn't catch me off guard, but it always does. I had and interaction with some really good people yesterday that went really bad, and it has left me reeling as to what to do next. The ingredients of that interaction were my Kryptonite. It really upset me. And today I have to deal with the situation, and I don't want to. It is one of those times where I pray for wisdom, because I feel a total lack of having any.

I know I'll get through it. As I look across the office, I see my wife also facing a Goliath today of a different type. We all have one. I guess it is part of what it means to walk with God. May He give us strength as we step out onto that battlefield and face the things we would rather not face.

No comments: