Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The 100th blog

So it is new year's eve, and here I am blogging. I should be out partying, bringing in the new year in a drunken haze, but instead I am writing this year end epiphany. After I finish I'll tie one on.

The beginning of a new year is probably my favorite holiday. I love the chance to start over, to begin again, to re-evaluate everything about my life and get an excuse to do some things different. I'm not really into new year's resolutions as much as I am into new beginnings.

If there is one thing that Jesus came for, it was to give us a fresh start. In Him, I can get a mulligan. I get a do over. I get to have my sins washed away and start clean. I like that He is totally about my getting a second (and third and fourth) chance. I like that He pays what I could never afford.

This is my 100th blog for the year. I appreciate deeply anyone who has actually read what I have written. For those of you who know me well, you know the stuff of life that my blogs birth out of. The journey is always visceral for me. I live what I talk about.

A friend once told me that I had the gift of heart. What they meant was that I might not be the best writer in the world, or have the most profound things to say, but what I write and what I say are said straight from the heart. The words are always reflections of what Papa is doing in me.

When I look back at this year and the 100 pieces of my journey that have made it to this blog site, I am deeply thankful. I may have a really long way to go, but I am eternally going. There isn't a day that goes by where I am not wrestling with something. It is Him creating more of Himself in the mud and clay of my life.

Thank you Jesus - that despite my greatest attempts to grow, you still grow me. Thank you for the struggles and the revelations, for the friends that have encouraged me and the difficulties that have stretched me, and thank you that I will never walk this road alone. Thank you Papa for 100 pieces of my story - thank you that I get a part in writing it, and that together we create the future.

May 2009 take us to places I have never imagined and that you have already planned.

1 comment:

KariB said...

I am so glad that every morning Papa has a mulligan for me. I take the time to be thankful for that and to live every day intentionally! Its great to live in a way that gives me the freedom to change what needs changed and that yes, it is my choice and I dont have to sit around and wait for "a sign" from God to do so. If we live close to Him, we will know where He wants us to go and what He wants us to do.