Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The adventure continues

Walking with God continues to be an adventure as everyday I wake up to a mystery. I guess that sounds a little nobler than it really is. Mystery is what is left when you can't get answers. And lately the answers I have gotten from God still leave a lot of mystery. Maybe I am the problem - I want the big answers, and He keeps giving me the little ones, like what step to take next. It is nice knowing what the next step is, but it never answers the bigger questions. I want to know where the path is going, not what one thing to do next!

Sometimes I am completely blindsided by my own continuing insistence that life go like I want it to. It seems that God isn't going to let me out of this one. He is bound and determined to help me get set free from my foolish belief that He isn't in charge. Just when life makes a little sense, the rules change, the direction changes, or the clear message from Papa becomes clouded again.

Lately the struggle isn't in hearing His voice - it is in hearing and not liking the message. I keep asking where all this is going, and He keeps responding with 'Don't worry about that - I'm in charge - trust the next right step you are supposed to take and let me take care of the big stuff'. I can't quite get Him to see that I need to know the big stuff. (He doesn't seem real concerned about my demands to know).

I am hoping to get to the point where I can rest in the next right step and forget about my desire to know all the steps from here to the finish line. May He lead us all in that journey.

No comments: