Monday, December 15, 2008

4 AM rantings

I have been realizing that there are really two questions when it comes to facing the future. I guess I am like the next guy - I hope for answers to my questions and guidance in the journey. But like the next guy, I'm not sure how to get either.

I found myself praying tonight about what to do. 'Tell me what to do' has been a familiar prayer. But as I sat there and thought, another question came into my mind - 'Do I do?'

Maybe doing nothing is the simplest and hardest answer to hear. My question is "Am I hearing it?" Is God saying don't do anything, just trust me? And why are doing nothing and trusting always put in the same thought? I want to do. I want to make the quandary of life go away. I want answers and clear guidance and a clear path to walk. The truth is I teach about the mystery of walking with God, but I really covet answers in the mystery. I'd rather talk about it than have to live it.

What a convenient way of excluding God from the process and path of my life.

No comments: