Monday, December 29, 2008

In between times

Ever notice that there is a dead spot in the middle of the holidays? For me, it is this whole week. The time off for Christmas was good to spend with family and rest and relax. It was good to reconnect with old friends and boob out in front of a movie. But this year at least I find myself striving to get back in gear. It feels like too many days of space.

And I find myself feeling very unproductive. The old 'works' background kicks in as the default mode, and I feel useless hanging around the house. I am SOOOOO ready to sink my teeth into the new year.

I know the task at hand - I always believe there is a purpose in what is happening, even if we don't see it. But this time I see the task. My purpose is to worship God in the 'nothing to do', to learn to know my value in the midst of inactivity. It is a brief season to know Him apart from activity and production. I want to find value in relationship with THE RELATIONSHIP, and I guess this is a good time to do that.

So I learn to celebrate the moment, even if the moment isn't exactly the one I would choose. It is the one He has given me. It is a gift I don't want to miss.

No comments: