Thursday, December 18, 2008

Does God satisfy?

God humbly reminded me today that He is still in charge, still knows my needs, and is still interested in where my life is going. Its funny how much my mood and energy change when there is hope. I know that faith is walked out in the 'not knowing and not having logical hope', but it gets thin sometimes. And I am a little embarrassed that I don't rest in trust more often.

This whole journey lately has led me to ask myself a couple very sobering questions; What if God did everything we wanted Him to do? How would that change us?

I wonder sometimes if we just get comfortable in the asking and fall into the rut of not really expecting Him to do anything - Like it is some rote activity to get done - ask God to do what we want Him to do. Rather than an attitude that says "Well, I did my part, now what's next?(because He won't answer anyway).

If He did all that we asked of Him, would it deeply satisfy? Would it be as huge an event as we pray for, or would it quickly pass and leave us wanting more? It brings new perspective to prayer, that's for sure.

No comments: